How to make your server compatible with the latest Minecraft updates!
Here's what is supported (Newer versions on older servers):
Note: ViaVersion only supports newer versions, even on subversions! Use ViaBackwards and ViaRewind to allow older versions to connect.
The green checkmarks are what versions your server allows depending on your server version.
- - CraftBukkit / Spigot (or Spigot based fork like Paper) / Sponge / BungeeCord / Velocity.
- - If you're using it on BungeeCord, ensure you are using the latest build.
1) If you haven't already downloaded ViaVersion, you should download the latest version here now.
2) Login to your Panel Account and select the server you wish to modify.
3) If your server is currently operating and online, you must now stop your server.
4) Head into the File Manager for your server, you should now have displayed all of your server files.
5) Navigate into your plugins folder.
6) Now in the top right select the option Upload and select the ViaVersion.jar you downloaded earlier. You will see a upload progress bar begin along the bottom.
7) Once the file uploading has completed, the progress bar will turn green. You can now start up your server and have successfully installed ViaVersion to allow newer clients to connect to your server!
More information: https://docs.viaversion.com/display/VIAVERSION/Installation
Need Assistance? Join our Discord and create a support ticket!